The BLACKPOOL ILLUMINATIONS are underway for 2017!
The big switch-on was Sept 1st, but the display continues until Nov 5th, so it's still not too late to get your visit organised!
- Over 10km of lights, (that's over 6 miles) using over one million light-bulbs!
- Annually - the display attracts over 3.5 million people!
- The lights will shine for 66 continuous nights
- The HUGE amount of equipment it takes to provide the light display have an estimated value of over £10million!
- 45 staff, including artists, electricians, joiners, mechanics, painters and engineers, work all year round to ensure the displays are ready on time.
- A total of 65,000 staff hours are used on maintenance, preparation, erection, operation and then dismantling the features, fixtures and fittings.
- The very first ever display was activated by Lord Derby in 1934
For one night only on Thursday 26th October 2017, Blackpool's collection of illuminated trams will parade along the promenade for the very first time.
What are you waiting for? OASIS ESCAPE has Mon-Fri availability during the light display, so book now!